TORQUE LOCK VS. EPOXY
The Facts Don’t Lie
When trying to determine whether to use epoxy or high-pressure injection system or the Torque Lock™ system to repair cracks in your concrete you need to keep a few things in mind.
- Will the structural crack progress due to stabilization issues?
- Is there a lack of rebar in the area of failure?
- What are the moisture levels in the area of the crack?
After many years, we’ve found that working with epoxy injection alone, is not all that it’s hyped up to be. The right equipment is critical. Proper setup continuous mixing epoxy injection machines must always be used with no exception. Injection staff and management must have the training and experience to do the work right the first time.
Keep in mind:
- Epoxy injection has to be done right the first time. There is no second chance!
- It is critical that your injection work must be done by well trained and equipped, experienced personnel.
Are you willing to bank on these critical prerequisites?
Epoxies can be very dense and strong when cured, however-trying to literally glue a crack back together never effectively works. That’s why Torque Lock™ was created.
When installed, Torque Lock™ Staples provide a steel reinforced compression which allows “zero tolerance” for a crack to ever budge.